Good afternoon bloggers! Welcome to another very Cajun entry of Everyday Meals. Today, we are going to tackle what Southerners like to call "Crawfish Pie". This is a Cajun staple in Louisiana. It's one of the tougher dished to perfect and it does take time and effort to get it just right. I'm sure yours will come out wonderfully! Let's get in the kitchen and get cooking!
You will need:
- 1/2 stick of real butter
- 1/2 cup of chopped green bellpeppers
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 cup of canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pound of fresh crawfish tails
- 2 teaspoons of chopped parsely
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup of water
- 1 pie crust
Still with me? Cool!
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over a medium heat.
- To the melted butter, add the onions, celery, bell pepper, red pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until the onions are a golden color.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for another 7 minutes, stirring ocasionally.
- Add the parsley and the crawfish, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- In a seperate bowl, dissolve the flour into the water.
- Add this mixture to the skillet and stir for about 4 minutes until it thickens.
- Pour the ingredients that are in the skillet into a cool bowl.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the pie crust onto a 9 inch pie pan, then crimp the edges.
- Pour the mixture from the cool bowl into the pie pan.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet and into the oven.
- Cook in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
I hope you all have a wonderful day. Enjoy this Cajun meal and think of Everyday Meals when you share this recipe with your friends and family. Happy blogging to all and enjoy this video below (for anyone that watches Family Guy, you WILL enjoy this...)! Catch you on the flip side, <3