Good evening bloggers. I don't have a whole two paragraphs to write tonight, but I do have an award winning dessert for everyone to try out. I know most of you are familiar with Lemon Squares. That's exactly what is on our menu tonight. So, grab your shopping list, your apron, and your whisks and let's get baking!
You will need:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1.5 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- To make the crust: In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, 2 cups of the flour, and confectioners' sugar until fluffy.
- Scrape the mixture into the pan and smooth out.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and sugar.
- Grate the rind of the lemon and add the rind, along with 6 tablespoons of lemon juice, to the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of flour and the baking powder over the mixture.
- Fold in the nuts and mix until well blended.
- Pour the lemon mixture into the crust.
- Bake for another 35 minutes, until the filling is set.
- Let cool before cutting.
I hope you all have a splendid evening. Stay tuned because we start Breakfast Week tomorrow! Happy blogging and love to all.