Good evening bloggers. This is a slightly delayed post. I have been a bit tied up today. I am a "designer" so to speak and I get pretty busy during the day. Well, anyway... I promised you all a tasty and sweet pie today and I have come through! Grab your aprons and those handy, dandy whisks and spoons and let's get baking!
Raspberry-Lemon Pie with a Coconut Crust
You will need:
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1.5 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 2 egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1.5 pints fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the coconut onto a baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven until lightly toasted and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Watch carefully to prevent burning.
- Mix the coconut and 1/2 cup melted butter in a bowl, and chill until it begins to firm, about 15 minutes.
- Pat the coconut mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie dish. Chill the crust until set, at least 30 minutes.
- Place the sugar, 1/2 cup of butter, lemon juice, eggs, and egg yolks in a saucepan.
- Place over low heat, and whisk constantly until thickened for 15 to 20 minutes, but do not boil.
- Strain the custard through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl, and stir in the lemon zest.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the custard, and chill thoroughly.
- Spoon the lemon custard into the coconut crust, and top with fresh raspberries.
I hope you all have a spiffy rest of the evening and I will catch you on the flip side, hopefully earlier tomorrow. Happy blogging and love to you all!