You will need:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 cups diced tomato
- 1 medium jalapeno, diced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 (8 ounce) halibut fillets
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Spanish olives, cut into thin rounds, plus 2 tablespoons olive juice from the can
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook until lightly colored, about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato, jalapeno and white wine.
- Cook until wine is reduced by 2/3, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- While sauce is reducing, heat butter in a separate skillet over medium heat. Season fish with kosher salt.
- When butter is melted, add halibut to the pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes, flip over and then transfer pan to preheated oven and bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat when reduced and stir in olives and olive juice.
- To serve, divide sauce equally among 4 dinner plates.
- Place halibut (caramelized side up) in the center of each plate on top of the sauce.
- Place avocado slices on top of fish, sprinkle with lime juice and cilantro, as garnish.
- Serve and enjoy.
And you all have prepared a wonderful dinner dish! Way to go. You are really good at this! That's all for tonight, so, I'll see you tomorrow. Good night!