You will need:
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar (divided)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (divided)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 racks baby back pork ribs
- 1 and 1/2 cups water (divided)
- Add the rosemary, 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and the cayenne to a small mixing bowl.
- Mince the garlic, add 1 teaspoon of salt to it and mash with the side of a chef's knife.
- Add it to the marinade, along with a 1/2 tablespoon of kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and mix all the ingredients together.
- Rub evenly over the ribs, then transfer to a storage container.
- Marinate, chilled, for 8 to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange the ribs in a large roasting pan and pour a 1/2 cup water into the bottom. Cover tightly with foil and roast the ribs until the meat is very tender, about 1 and 3/4 hours.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the ribs to a platter.
- Add 1 cup of water to the pan and using a wooden spoon, scrape up all the brown bits.
- Strain the liquid into a measuring cup, or gravy separator and skim off the fat. Transfer to a skillet then add a 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar and 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer gently until reduced to about 1 cup, about 15 minutes.
- Heat the grill.
- Brush some glaze over both sides of the ribs and grill, turning occasionally, until the ribs are hot and grill marks appear, about 6 minutes.
- Brush the ribs with some more glaze.
I hope you all enjoy some Summer cooking. Stay safe due to the storms and I will see you all soon! Good night!