You will need:
- 2.5 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2.5 tablespoons cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons water
- 5 to 6 teaspoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- 4 swordfish steaks, 1/2 inch thick
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Lime or lemon wedges for garnish
- Naan bread
- Jasmine rice
- Place the coriander, cayenne, turmeric, cumin, salt and lime juice on a large plate and stir to combine.
- Add about 6 tablespoons of water and stir to form a thick paste.
- Taste the mixture for a good balance of salty and sour, but it should be fairly salty at this stage.
- Rub both sides of the fish steaks with the paste and set aside to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Prepare the saffron rice and keep warm.
- Rub the bottom of a large, heavy frying pan (cast iron works great) with vegetable oil and place over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is hot, fry the steaks 2 at a time until nicely browned and just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side, turning once.
- Transfer to a heatproof plate and keep warm in a low oven.
- Repeat with the remaining two filets, adding more oil if necessary.
- Garnish steaks with lime wedges.
- Serve with rice and naan!
And once again, you have masterfully cooked a wonderful dinner. Way to go everyone! I'll see you all tomorrow. Good night!