Beef and Chipotle Burritos
You will need:
- 1 and 1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 to 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 tortillas, warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Pico de Gallo Salsa
- Shredded jicama or radishes (optional)
- Dairy sour cream (optional)
Are you ready?
- Trim the fat from the meat.
- Cut the meat into 6 pieces.
- In a 3 and a half or 4 quart slow cooker place the meat, undrained tomatoes, onion, chipotle peppers, oregano, cumin, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove the meat from cooker.
- Using 2 forks, pull the meat apart into shreds.
- Place the meat in a large bowl.
- Stir in enough cooking liquid to reach desired consistency.
- Divide the meat among warm tortillas, spooning it just below the centers.
- Top with cheese, Pico de Gallo Salsa, and, if desired, jicama and sour cream.
- Roll up tortillas.
Voila! You have burritos! Enjoy today and I will see you all tomorrow for another entry. Good night!