Grilled Chicken Taco Pizzas
You will need:
For the Taco Seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 16-ounce tube pizza dough
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Make the taco seasoning: Mix all of the ingredients with 1 tablespoon each salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- To prepare the pizza: Mix 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning and the canola oil in a shallow bowl.
- Pound the chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap to 1/4 inch thick.
- Add the chicken to the bowl, turning to coat, and marinate 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to medium high.
- Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Let cool, then cut into bite-size pieces.
- Divide the dough into 3 pieces.
- Roll out each on a floured surface into an 8 inch round.
- Brush with canola oil, sprinkle with taco seasoning and grill until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes per side and remove from the grill.
- Mix the cheeses in a bowl, then sprinkle on the crusts and top with the chicken. Return the pizzas to the grill, and cook until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the avocado, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, red onion, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Top the pizzas with the avocado mixture, salsa, sour cream and cilantro.
And voila! A delicious (and not disgusting) pizza recipe to share with friends this summer. I hope you all enjoy it and I will see you all tomorrow! Good night.