You will need:
For the Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1-1/2” cubes)
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Oil (for frying)
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2.5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (grated)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger root (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons green onion (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture and shake it in the flour mixture to coat.
- Deep fry the chicken in batches at 375 degrees in a deep fryer (or use a wok) until completely cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan combine 1.5 cups water, lemon juice, orange juice, rice vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Blend well over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Stir in the brown sugar, orange zest, ginger garlic, and onion and bring to a boil.
- Combine 3 tablespoons of cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly stir the cornstarch mixture into sauce until it thickens.
- Pour the sauce over the breaded chicken, and if desired add red pepper flakes and garnish with green onions.
Ta da! You now have an excellent recipe to share with your friends and family. I hope you all enjoy this dish and I will see you all tomorrow! Good night!