Chicken and Bean Burritos
You will need:
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 2 cloves garlic; 1 smashed, 1 minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound (about 2 cups) frozen diced butternut squash, thawed
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken, skin removed
- 1 (15 ounces) can black beans
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno peppers, plus 2 tablespoons pickling liquid
- 4 whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Plain low-fat yogurt or sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Heat a medium skillet over high heat.
- Add the rice and smashed garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add the squash and reduce the heat to low, then cover and simmer, undisturbed, for about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chicken over the rice mixture, cover and remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, to make the bean salsa: Drain and rinse the beans, quarter the tomatoes and chop the cilantro and jalapenos.
- Toss with the pickling liquid and minced garlic in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the chicken-rice mixture and spoon it down the center of each tortilla, then top with half of the bean salsa and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Fold in the sides and roll up.
- Slice in half and serve with avocado, the remaining bean salsa and yogurt, if desired.
Well, not much is needed to be said after that recipe. I will see you all soon. Good night!