Genoese Vegetable Soup
You will need:
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup green beans, cut into 1 inch lengths
- 1 cup peas
- 4.5 cups fresh spinach leaves, course stalks removed, shredded
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 8 ounces plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 5 ounces of any soup pasta
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- green pesto sauce
Are you ready?
- Put the onions, carrots, celery, potatoes, beans, peas, spinach, zucchinis, tomatoes, and garlic in a large, heavy-bottom pan.
- Pour in the olive oil and stock and bring to a boil over medium-low heat.
- Reduce heat and let simmer gently for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper and add the pasta.
- Cook for an additional 8 to 10 minutes, until the pasta is Al dente. The soup should be very thick at this point.
- Stir in half of the green pesto sauce and remove the pan from the heat.
- Let rest for 4 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more salt, pepper, and green pesto sauce if needed.
- Ladle into bowls and serve immediately.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
And there we go! We have a wonderful soup that will delight the stomach on any day. I hope you all enjoy it and thanks for sticking around to listen to my ramblings above. You all are the best! Good night!