Beef Fajita Pie
You will need:
- 1/2 pound stir-fry beef strips
- 1 pound frozen pepper stir-fry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 pizza crust
- 1/2 cup lime-garlic salsa
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Sour cream, for serving
- Refrigerated guacamole, for serving
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Set up your grill for direct cooking over medium heat.
- Oil the grate when ready to start cooking.
- In a bowl, combine the beef strips, pepper stir-fry, oil and taco seasoning.
- Grill the beef and pepper strips on hot oiled grill about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pizza crust from its package and place it on the grill.
- Top with salsa, cheese, beef and pepper strips.
- Turn the heat down to medium and cook pizza covered for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and starts to bubble.
- Serve hot garnished with sour cream, guacamole, and cilantro.
Grilled Caribbean Pork Burgers
You will need:
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch slices
- 8 slices French bread, 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- Brush the grill rack with vegetable oil.
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- Mix all the ingredients except onion, bread and oil.
- Shape the mixture into 4 patties, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Cover and grill patties 4 to 5 inches from medium heat for 15 to 18 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in center.
- Add the onion slices to grill for last 8 to 10 minutes of grilling, turning once, until golden brown.
- Brush both sides of the bread slices with oil.
- Add the bread to the grill for last 2 to 3 minutes of grilling, turning once, until golden brown.
- Serve burgers and onion between bread slices.
Pictured Above: Caribbean Pork Burgers
Pictured Above: Beef Fajita Pie
Voila! You have a couple of meals that are completely worthy of Memorial Day. Enjoy the extra long holiday and I will see you all soon! Good night!