Thursday, September 19, 2013

Teriyaki Beef Skewers


Hey foodies, bloggers, and friends! Welcome to The Tasteful Texan. I was around yesterday if you noticed from Dani's blog post. It has been an incredibly busy, crazy week, but I thought I'd post a recipe that has hit home in my family, especially my husband.

My family likes to order from this awesome little Chinese restaurant literally 5 minutes (walking distance) from our house. They have these delicious teriyaki skewers, but they call them Cho Cho Beef. This recipe reminds me of that, so that is what we will be making tonight. I do have to say that this makes a TON of skewers, enough for 24 servings. If you have an average family size, you will each get roughly 6 skewers. Anyway, I invite you all to join me outside by the grill. I will meet you all there!





Teriyaki Beef Skewers
Yields 24 Servings





You will need:



  • 1.5 cups light brown sugar
  • 1 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup pineapple juice (optional)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
  • 4 pounds boneless round steak, cut into 1/4-inch slices
  • bamboo skewers, soaked in water




Ready?






  1. Whisk brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, water, vegetable oil, and garlic together in a large bowl; drop beef slices into the mixture and stir to coat. 
  2. Cover bowl with plastic wrap.
  3. Marinate beef in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
  4. Remove beef from the marinade, shaking to remove any excess liquid. 
  5. Discard marinade.
  6. Thread beef slices in a zig-zag onto the skewers.
  7. Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
  8. Cook skewers on preheated grill until the beef is cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
  9. Enjoy!




OKay guys and gals, I'll be back tomorrow now that everything has calmed down for the most part. Stay tuned because we have some truly delicious recipes coming your way! Have a great day, and I will catch you all on the flip side. Happy blogging to all!