Friday, September 27, 2013

Applesauce Barbecue Chicken


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening friends and foodies! Welcome to the Tasteful Texan! I'm your host, Mandie. Today we will be whipping up some delicious chicken. It's sweet. It's peppery. It's tender and divine. This recipe really excites me.

I found this recipe while scrolling through Pinterest (again). It comes from Taste of Home. I normally don't enjoy chicken as much as seafood, but we're talking applesauce folks. I'm a sucker for applesauce, barbecue sauce, and brown sugar. That's good eating there, I assure you.

I'm off to the kitchen. I invite you all to join me. I hope to see you all there!





Applesauce Barbecue Chicken
Yields 4 Servings





You will need:



  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2/3 cup chunky applesauce
  • 2/3 cup spicy barbecue sauce
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder




Ready?






  1. Sprinkle chicken with pepper. 
  2. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. 
  3. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. 
  4. Cover and cook 7 to 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.
  5. Enjoy!





See how simple that was? I could make this recipe every night if I wanted to. I live for simple recipes like this. Okay guys and gals, I'm out of here. I'll see you all tomorrow for Breakfast Saturday! Have a great day, and happy blogging to all!