This salad is a delightful low-fat version of a traditional tuna salad. Usually, I would use pickles or something, but the salt content is too high. The lemon juice will give you a similar tang or you can substitute white wine vinegar. This is a great way to enjoy tuna salad without a lot of salt and calories.
- 1 can of your favorite tuna
- 1 sm zucchini (finely diced or shredded)
- 1 sm carrot (finely diced or shredded)
- 1 stalk of celery ( chopped)
- 1/2 tsp of your favorite seasoning ( I use Salt free 22 spice blend from Fresh and Easy)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp light mayo
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 - 1/2 c fat free yogurt (depending on how saucy you like your tuna)
1. drain tuna and place in a large mixing bowl
2. add veggies
3. mix to combine
4. create dressing; place mayo, yogurt, mustard, spice and lemon in bowl and blend until smooth. Tip: go slowly at first or the lemon juice will splash all over the place
5. Mix tuna mixture and dressing together until well combined; this usually best with a fork.
6. Serve as a sandwich, on crackers or on a bed of lettuce.