Good morning friends and foodies! Welcome to our Breakfast Saturday edition of The Tasteful Texan. Today we will be making hearty breakfast burritos. Our combination of choice? Chicken, apples, sausage, and eggs. You'll get a great selection of meats, crunchy green apples, and eggs. I don't think breakfast could get any better than that.
This recipe yields roughly 3 burritos, so feel free to double or triple the recipe depending on how many people you are feeding. For me, I would have to triple it at least. There are 5 grown adults here, and trust me when I say that we can scarf down enough food for an entire army. Okay, I'm making my way into the kitchen. Grab those coffee mugs, and I'll meet you all there!
Chicken, Apple, and Sausage Burritos
Yields 3 burritos
You will need:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 chicken & apple sausage link, sliced
- 1/4 of a large, sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/2 of a Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Apple Smoked Cheddar Cheese
- 3 whole wheat tortilla shells
- Slice chicken and apple sausage link into 1/2" slices.
- Dice both the pepper and half the apple.
- Set aside.
- Place the egg in a small bowl and add about a teaspoon of water and whisk with a fork until well-mixed.
- Also set aside.
- Heat the oil in a 10" non-stick skillet on medium low heat.
- Add the diced red pepper and saute for 2 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Push the pepper over to one side of the skillet and add the chicken slices.
- Brown for 1-2 minutes, then flip and brown the other side.
- Continue to cook until golden brown. Be sure to keep the heat on medium low.
- Once the sausage is browned, stir the peppers back in and transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Add diced apple to skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the apple begins to soften.
- Don't cook too long, you don't want your diced apple to become mushy!
- Once the apple is cooked, return the sausage and red pepper back to the skillet and push to one side.
- Stir the egg a little before adding to the other side of the skillet.
- Scrape the egg around to scramble and continue to cook until it no longer looks wet.
- After egg is completely cooked, stir all ingredients together and turn off burner.
- Heat tortilla shells for easier folding.
- Add about 1/3 of the mixture to the tortilla shell and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Fold tortillas and enjoy!
Okay gals and guys. I'll be back tomorrow. Have a great weekend, and happy blogging to all!