Welcome foodies, friends, and bloggers! If this is your first time joining us, you came on a great day. We are whipping up breakfast bowls. We've all seen the frozen breakfast bowls in the supermarket, or we've even ordered them from a fast food joint like Jack in the Box. Today, we are making our own.
These awesome breakfast bowls are freezable, and can just be taken out whenever you feel like if they aren't gobbled down immediately. In my house, there would be no time for freezing... Breakfast any time of the day gets eaten really fast here.
Well, I'm off to the kitchen. I invite you and your family to join me. I hope to see you all there!
You will need:
- 3 lbs. russet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 9 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1.5 cups salsa
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and cut the potatoes into one-inch cubes.
- Place the potato cubes in a large bowl and add the olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper. Toss the potatoes until they are well coated in oil and seasoning.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and give it a light spritz of non-stick spray.
- Spread the potatoes out over the baking sheet so they are in a single layer.
- If they don’t fit, prepare a second baking sheet and divide the potatoes between the two.
- Roast the potatoes in the preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until they are tender and golden brown.
- Stir the potatoes once, about half way through.
- When the potatoes are close to being finished, crack the eggs into a large bowl and gently whisk them.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- When the butter is melted, pour in the eggs.
- Gently move the eggs around the skillet until they are mostly solid, but still moist in appearance.
- Be careful not to over cook the eggs at this point because they will cook further upon reheating the breakfast bowls.
- To prepare the bowls, divide the roasted potatoes between six freezer safe containers.
- Add ¼ cup of salsa to each container.
- Divide the scrambled eggs among the six containers and then top with about ¼ cup of shredded cheese.
Okay gals and guys, I hope everything is back to normal next week. It's been a wild and crazy week for us here at The Tasteful Texan. Stay tuned and we hope to see our awesome Dani next week as well. Enjoy your weekend and your breakfasts, and I will catch you all on the flip side. Happy blogging to all!