Friday, September 20, 2013

Snickerdoodle Cookies


Hey friends, bloggers, and foodies! Tonight (and every day this past week) I've had an uuber sugar tooth. This tends to happen when I'm lounging around, usually fan girling over someone or something. Lately it's been BBC's Sherlock and Benedict Cumberbatch. I know, shame shame...

Well you know what? I regret nothing. Since I'm just being lazy tonight, I think some cookies would be a wonderful thing to make. My sister makes snickerdoodle cookies and honestly, they make me the happiest girl in the world. I would like to think that that is how you all would feel after making this recipe. So, let's get going and I'll meet you in the kitchen!





Snickerdoodle Cookies
Yields 16 to 18 cookies





You will need:


  • 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1.5 cups flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar




For rolling:


  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon 




Ready?






  1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars with an electric mixer on high speed. 
  2. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
  3. In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
  4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
  5. Preheat oven to 300 degrees while you let the dough rest for 30 to 60 minutes in the refrigerator.
  6. In a small bowl, combine the sugar with the cinnamon for the topping.
  7. Take about 2.5 tablespoons of the dough and roll it into a ball. 
  8. Roll this dough in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and press it onto an ungreased cookie sheet. 
  9. Repeat for the remaining cookies.
  10. Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes. 
  11. The cookies may seem undercooked, but will continue to develop after they are removed from the oven. 
  12. When the cookies have cooled they should be soft and chewy in the middle.




Okay guys and gals, I'll be back tomorrow with a breakfast recipe for everyone to enjoy. Have a great Friday and I'll catch you on the flip side! Happy blogging (and fan girling and guying)!