Thursday, September 12, 2013

Baked Chili Cheese Dogs


Hey foodies and friends! Tonight I spent a long time chatting with my mom and baby sister. That means that I have less time to dedicate towards dinner, but I'm okay with that. It's not often that I chat for 2.5 hours, but it's worth it because my sister is turning 16. Yes, sweet 16! Oh how the years fly by...

She was actually the inspiration for tonight's recipe. I've had plenty of years with children, babysitting, and what not. One thing I've learned over the years is that kids LOVE hot dogs. Kids LOVE chili dogs. Normally I would stand over the hot stove, boil the hot dogs, heat up some chili on the stovetop as well, and throw everything together. I don't want to stand over a hot stove tonight! We're going to go an easier route instead.

We'll assemble the dogs in a pan, and let them do their thing while we anxiously wait. It won't take any more than maybe 20 minutes to make this meal. Let's gather all our necessary cooking utensils (pan, foil, plates, and food) and meet back in the kitchen? I'll see you there!





Baked Chili Cheese Dogs
Makes 8 Chili Dogs





You will need:



  • 8 hots dogs
  • 8 hot dog buns
  • diced onions
  • 1 can chili
  • 2 cups shredded cheese






Ready?






  1. Assemble hot dogs in buns and place in a 13x9 baking dish. 
  2. Spoon chili and dices onions evenly over hot dogs then top with cheese.
  3. Cover dish with aluminum foil (tenting if necessary to keep the foil from touching the hot dogs) and bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until cheese is melted. 
  4. Uncover and enjoy!







Okay ladies and gents, I'll be back soon. Enjoy these easy chili dogs! Have a great day, and happy blogging to all!