Hey friends and foodies! I'm back from a one day reprieve. It was much needed. I come baring an awesome one pot dinner (or lunch) recipe that's so simple, even a younger kid can make it. I wouldn't suggest that unless there's adult supervision, of course.
This recipe is called the Italian Wonderpot. It has a ton of flavor, cooks in the broth and herbs, and really stands apart from regular pasta dishes. I think the best thing about this dish is the fact that everything is in the pot and the noodles take the flavor of everything else. The starch from the noodles helps give a thickness to the sauce. Anyway, it's definitely a lazy night, so I'm going to make my way into the kitchen, toss everything into the pot, and wait for the magic to happen. I invite you all to join me! See you there!
Yields 6 Servings
You will need:
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz. fettuccine
- 8 oz. frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ Tbsp dried basil
- ½ Tbsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 2 oz. feta cheese
- Add four cups of vegetable broth to a large pot.
- Break the fettuccine in half to make stirring easier later, and then add it to the pot.
- Also add the canned tomatoes (undrained), olive oil, frozen spinach, onion (thinly sliced), garlic (thinly sliced), basil, oregano, red pepper, and some freshly cracked black pepper.
- Make sure the ingredients are submerged under the liquid, place a lid on top of the pot, and then turn the heat on to high.
- Allow the pot to come up to a full, rolling boil over high heat then remove the lid and turn the heat down to medium.
- Allow the pot to continue to boil over medium heat, without a lid, for 10-15 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir the pot every few minutes as it cooks to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom, but avoid over stirring which can cause the pasta to become sticky and mushy.
- The pot must be boiling the entire time.
- After the pasta is cooked, crumble the feta cheese over top and serve.
See how easy that was? I say that this is definitely a recipe to be saved for a later date. I hope you all enjoy it and I'll be back again tomorrow. Have a great day, and happy blogging to all!