Hey foodies and friends! Today, I decided to step away from actual food recipes in order to whip up some chilly drinks for a hot Summer's day. As you all know, I live in Texas. It's like, the hottest state EVER. Even during Winter, it's still like, 70 degrees. Haha, okay, maybe not THAT hot, but still...
Anyway, today we have a drink that'll please any coffee lover, as well as a kid-approved gummy shark drink that would be a hit at birthday parties or social gatherings. These drinks are relatively simple, so let's strap on those silly aprons, grab those glasses, and let's meet in the kitchen. I'll see you there!
Nutella Blended Ice Coffee
Makes 1 cup
You will need:
- 1 cup milk (soy, rice, whole, etc)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 teaspoons instant coffee
- 4 teaspoons Nutella
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup ice
- garnish: whipped cream, chocolate syrup, cocoa powder
- Add all ingredients in the blender, except the garnishes.
- Blend until smooth.
- Finish by swirling a little chocolate syrup in your cup.
- Pour in your drink, top with whipped cream, and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
Blue Raspberry Punch Shark Glaciers
For the Glaciers, you will need:
- Small cup containers
- Water or blue drink of choice (such as Gatorade, etc.)
- Gummy Sharks
For the Punch, you will need:
- 1 package blue, berry flavored unsweetened drink mix, like Kool-aid
- 1 bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage (2 liter)
- 1 bottle white cranberry juice (64 fluid ounce)
- 1 cup white sugar or to taste
- For the small mini glaciers, place one gummy shark in each container, then fill them nearly to the top with water or your favorite blue drink.
- Let little pieces of the shark peek over the edge.
- For the larger container(s) use several gummy sharks.
- Place containers in freezer.
- Meanwhile, in a large punch bowl, stir together the drink mix, lemon-lime soda and white cranberry juice.
- Taste, and stir in sugar to your liking.
- Once the glaciers are frozen solid, pop the glaciers out of the containers.
- Add shark glaciers into the punch bowl, and voila!
Okay peeps, I'll leave you with your icy drinks. I'll be back soon, but who knows with what! Stay tuned this week for Dani Wednesday as well. She always brings something tasty to the blog. I'll see you all around. Have a great day, and happy blogging to all!