Sunday, September 22, 2013

Oatmeal Pumpkin Spice Bread


Hey ladies and gents! Welcome to The Tasteful Texan. I was obviously away (yet again) today, so no Breakfast Saturday entry. Okay, I have to admit, this normally happens come the first day of every new season or so. I'm not sure why this happens, but it always has.

Anyway, today we will be celebrating the turning of the seasons with a wonderful pumpkin spice bread. You and everyone on the planet knows that you can't celebrate Autumn and the upcoming holidays without pumpkin somewhere on the menu. This recipe is perfect for that. It also works as a makeshift breakfast bread if you are in a hurry and don't have time to prepare a hearty breakfast. It's really a win-win situation food wise.

Well, I'm not going to hold us up from making our way into the kitchen any longer. I'm anxious to make this recipe. I invite you all to join me, and I hope to see you all there!





Oatmeal Pumpkin Spice Bread





You will need:



  • 17.6-ounce box of organic puréed pumpkin
  • 4 eggs
  • 2/3 cup canola oil
  • 1/3 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 2 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup organic rolled oats (save 1 teaspoon for sprinkling on top)
  • 1 3/4 cups sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves




Ready?






  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Lightly apply cooking spray to two loaf pans.
  3. Place the pumpkin, eggs, oil, applesauce, and water in a large mixing bowl. 
  4. Blend it together using a hand mixer until creamy.
  5. Mix the flour, oats, sugar, baking soda, and spices in a smaller mixing bowl
  6. Add the dry ingredients into the wet, and using a spoon, mix thoroughly until smooth. 
  7. Pour half the batter into each greased pan. Sprinkle the tops with rolled oats.
  8. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out dry. 
  9. Allow to cool in the pans before removing.
  10. Enjoy!







Okay guys and girls, I'll be back soon. Obviously I've been saying lately that I'll be around, but thee past few months have been a bit hectic (and not because of all the fan-girling I talked about last post). I'll do my best to be back tomorrow, and I will try harder to be around so everyone can enjoy more scrumptious recipes. Have a great day, and happy blogging to all!