Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Balsamic Chicken and Roasted Vegetables


Hey bloggers and foodies, before we begin, I do want to start with some rather disappointing news. Our beloved Dani has resigned from Dani Wednesdays until further notice. She has been feeling under the weather, and has been absent a bit lately. It's sad to see her go, but hopefully at some point in the future she will resume with us. Let's all give her a hearty round of applause for her contribution here.

Moving on, we will be making balsamic chicken and roasted vegetables for dinner tonight. I think this is the perfect combination. The only thing you would have to prepare for a full dinner would be some sort of carb, such as rolls, or maybe mashed potatoes. Can we say yum?

Okay, I'm on my way into the kitchen. I invite you all to join me. I hope to see you all there!





Balsamic Chicken and Roasted Vegetables
Yields 5 Servings





You will need:



  • 10 boneless skinless chicken thighs
  • 20 medium asparagus, ends trimmed, cut in half
  • 3 red bell peppers
  • 1 cup carrots, sliced in half long way
  • 2 red onions, chopped in large chunks
  • 10 oz sliced mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • salt and pepper
  • 3 tbsp fresh rosemary
  • 2 cloves garlic, smashed and sliced
  • 2 tbsp oregano or thyme
  • 4 leaves fresh sage, chopped






Ready?






  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 
  2. Wash and dry the chicken well with a paper towel. 
  3. Combine all the ingredients together and using your hands and arrange in a very large roasting pan. 
  4. The vegetables should not touch the chicken or it will steam instead of roast. 
  5. All ingredients should be spread out in a single layer. 
  6. If necessary use two baking sheets or disposable tins to achieve this. 
  7. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes.




Welp ladies and gents, I'm out of here for now. I'll DEFINITELY be back tomorrow seeing as I've got posts in queue. From now on I'll be writing mosts posts in one sitting 1 or 2 times a week, so there will be no excuse for a lack of recipes daily. Have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow! Happy blogging to all!