Anyway, we wanted to do something that would be appropriate for a little get together. Sliders are the perfect finger food, and they only take about 45 minutes to make, and that's including prep time. Obviously, any hardcore sports fan will not want to be cooking during the first game, or any game their team is playing in, so this was a great idea. So, I'm going to high tail it into the kitchen (game starts in 35 minutes), so I'll meet you all there!
Turkey Pesto Onion Cheese Sliders
Yields 12 servings
You will need:
- 1 lb deli turkey thinly sliced
- ½ lb swiss cheese slices
- 2 pkg hawaiian sweet dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced and sautéed
- ½ cup butter
- 2 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- Heat 2 Tbsp. butter in medium pan.
- Thinly slice the onion; sauté in the butter for about 5 minutes, or until clear and cooked.
- Leaving the (24) rolls attached, horizontally slice the top off; set aside.
- Place the bottom (attached 24 pieces) rolls in a 9×13 foil-lined baking pan.
- Spread the pesto evenly over the bottom bread.
- Next layer on top of the pesto the turkey, sautéed onions, and cheese slices.
- Place the top section of the rolls that you already removed back on top of the sandwich.
- In a medium sauce pan bring the 1/2 cup butter to a soft boil.
- Add mustard, worcestershire, poppy seeds, and brown sugar.
- Pour sauce over the 9×13 sandwiches.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
Okay peeps, I'm out of here to go root for my Cowboys. Happy first game day of the season! I'll be back soon with another recipe, but until then, have a great day (or night), and happy blogging to all!