What's new foodies and friends? Today we will be making a succulent chicken dish. The chicken will be pan fried and the cauliflower will be baked. That means awesome texture and juicy chicken all topped off with a delicious lemon-mustard sauce. It has my mouth watering just thinking about the finished product!
This recipe is versatile. You can add whatever you like to it, meaning you can add more butter for flavoring, toss in some other veggies, or just really play around with this recipe and make it your own. Everyone wins! I'm pretty sure if lemon-mustard sauce isn't your thing, you can tweak it as well, possibly going for Italian flair, or a saltier twist with say, soy sauce or something. As I said before: SUPER versatile.
I'm going to head into the kitchen. I invite you all to join me. I'll see you there!
Pan Fried Mustard Lemon Sauce Chicken and Cauliflower
Yields 4 servings
You will need:
- 8 chicken breast minute steaks, 3.5 ounces each
- 1 cauliflower, about 1.75 lbs, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain or Dijon mustard
- 3 ounces unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon cut into 6 wedges
- Preheat the oven to 390 degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower into inch thick slices and overlap it in a small baking dish.
- Pour over ½ cup water, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Heat a large, lightly oiled skillet over a medium high heat and pan fry the chicken for 2 minutes per side or until cooked through, in 2 batches.
- Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over a medium low heat.
- Add the garlic.
- Whisk in the juice from 2 of the lemon wedges, the almonds, mustard and 2 tablespoons of hot water.
- Bring to a simmer then season to taste and remove from the heat.
- Divide the chicken and cauliflower between the plates, top with the sauce and decorate with parsley and lemon wedges.
Okay guys and gals, I'll be back tomorrow. I've really been in a sweet kind of mood lately, so if you're around there will be recipes for cake, pie, or some other sort of dessert. Stay tuned because you never know what I'll bring to the blog! For now, have a great day and happy blogging to all!