A few weekends ago, I was eating at a restaurant and ordered a salad with caramelized peaches. Cannot remember the protein on the salad, so feel free to use what you have. Needless to say the salad was awesome. I recreated it for my family tonight and it was marvelous. Still wishing I had made a bigger portion. This recipe is simple and so darn good.
Caramelized Peach and Onion Salad
- 2 large peaches(firm) – sliced
- ¼ of a red onion - thinly sliced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp of butter
- ¼ of blue cheese
- About 20 raspberries
- Left over Pork chops or Chicken. Optional
- 1 package of your favorite greens, I like baby ruby reds.
- Vinaigrette recipe to follow
- Melt butter over medium heat
- Add Peaches (no need to remove skin), red onion and thyme
- Sauté until onions are softened. About 5-6 mins
- Allow to cool a bit
- In the meantime, arrange greens on 4 different plates.
- Once peaches have cooled down, place on top of greens
- Then sprinkle cheese and raspberries
- Lastly, top with protein and salad dressing, as you like
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp thyme
- ¼ c red wine vinegar
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp honey
- Shake your heart out until all is emulsified
Enjoy! This is a wonderful summer salad and it is a true delight for your taste buds.