Friday, August 16, 2013

Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats


Welcome everyone! Tonight, we have a very special treat for everyone. I sit here, stuffing my face with cookies and cream muddy buddies. If you have no clue what muddy buddies are, check out this link HERE.

Many people have heard of "puppy chow" or "cat chow" snacks. Muddy Buddies is just another name for chocolate and powdered sugar or peanut butter covered chex cereal. They're deliciously addicting, I kid you not.

My husband has an addiction for cookies and cream anything. I enjoy rice krispies treats. The combination of both is amazing, and the inspiration for tonight's recipe. I'm going to grab my baking apron, and I invite you all to join me in the kitchen. I'll meet you all there!




Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats
Yields about 24 squares





You will need:



  • 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
  • 20 regular oreos, crushed/chopped (about 2.5 cups crushed)
  • 5 cups mini marshmallows
  • 3 Tablespoons butter




  1. Put rice krispies into a large bowl.  
  2. Spray a 9×13″ casserole dish or cake pan with non-stick spray, set aside.
  3. In a large plastic (ziplock type) bag, crush oreos.  
  4. You want to have some crushed into small pieces, and some bite size chunks.  
  5. Add oreos to rice krispies and stir to combine.
  6. In a large microwave safe bowl, heat butter and marshmallows together (about 3 minutes).  
  7. They will expand a LOT, so make sure your bowl is big enough.  
  8. When the marshmallows are puffy and mostly melted, carefully remove from microwave and stir to fully combine the butter, and make sure the marshmallows are fully melted.  
  9. Pour melted marshmallows over cereal and oreos and use a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to quickly combine all the ingredients.  
  10. As soon as all the cereal is combined, spread mixture into the prepared 9×13″ dish.  
  11. Use the spatula to press the mixture around the dish, and flatten as needed.
  12. Allow to cool (about 20 minutes) before cutting into squares.
  13. Enjoy!





I'll be back tomorrow for Breakfast Saturday. Have a great day, and Happy Blogging to you all!