Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Broiled Lemon Chicken


Hey bloggers, friends, and foodies! Welcome to The Tasteful Texan. I know I said I was going to be back yesterday with a new recipe, but I decided to take the night off and spend a little time with my husband. I'm back though, and I've got a delicious chicken recipe for you all. I've also got a treat because of my absence.

The treat we will be making is a cookie dough cheesecake. Yummy, right? I think so. In fact, I used to stuff my face with cookie dough cheesecake all the time when I worked in this amazing local deli in Springfield, Massachusetts. The deli was called Gus and Paul's. The location I used to work at closed down unfortunately, but it's brother location down the road is still open. I've looked at the menu from this location and sadly, I don't see the cheesecake on the menu. It makes me sad, but hey, it was great when we had it!

Anyway, I don't want to ramble on. I'm going to head into the kitchen, and I hope to see you all there!





Broiled Lemon Chicken





You will need:



  • 1 whole chicken cut in pieces (or about 3 pounds of chicken pieces)
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • Juice of 2 large or 3 small lemons (reserve the peels for the roasting pan)




  1. Wash your chicken pieces well and pat dry with paper towels. 
  2. Add the chicken pieces to a large shallow pan.  
  3. To the pan add 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, and the juice of 2 large or 3 small lemons.
  4. Toss together well, massaging the chicken pieces well with the lemon, oil and seasonings. 
  5. Spread out the pieces in the pan. 
  6. Add the lemon peel pieces to the pan as well.
  7. Broil the chicken between 400 to 425 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
  8. Turn the chicken several times during the broiling time. 
  9. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. 
  10. Skim the excess fat from the pan drippings and serve with the chicken.



--------------------

Cookie Dough Cheesecake





You will need:


  • 2 packages Cream Cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup prepared or refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, divided
  • 1 Graham Pie Crust




  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  
  2. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.  
  3. Add eggs; mix just until blended.  
  4. Remove 1/2 cup of the dough; drop by teaspoonfuls into batter.  
  5. Stir gently.
  6. Pour into crust.  
  7. Top with level teaspoonfuls of the remaining 1/4 cup cookie dough.
  8. Bake 40 minutes or until center is almost set.  
  9. Cool.  
  10. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.




As usual, thank you for joining me. If you were one of our new readers, we hope to see you again soon. Feel free to share these recipes with your friends and families. We'll be back again soon, but until then: have a great day and happy blogging to all!