Everything in this dish is pretty self explanatory. I know... I'm disappointed that I don't get to explain the awesome components of this dish. But fret not, my darlings, there will be other dishes and other components to share later. So, grab those aprons and I will meet you in the kitchen as always!
Pan-Roasted Chicken & Lemon Garlic-Green Beans
Yields 4 servings
You will need:
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons (1 thinly sliced + 1 juiced)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound trimmed green beans
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 chicken breasts (bones left in, with skin on)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat a large baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Arrange the lemon slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper, then add the green beans and toss to coat.
- Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove the green beans and arrange them on top of the lemon slices.
- Add the potatoes to the same olive-oil mixture and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, arrange the potatoes along the inside edge of the dish on top of the green beans.
- Place the chicken in the same bowl with the olive-oil mixture and coat thoroughly.
- Place the chicken, skin-side up, in the dish.
- Pour any of the remaining olive-oil mixture over the chicken.
- Roast for 50 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Place the beans and potatoes back in oven for 10 minutes more or until the potatoes are tender.
- Place a chicken breast on each of 4 serving plates, and divide the green beans and potatoes equally.
Thank you for joining me, and I hope to see you all around tomorrow! Happy blogging to all, and I'll catch you on the flip side!