In my family, the faster a meal is made, the better. Neither my sister, nor I, enjoy slaving over a hot stove, but we do it with love and a smile. This meal will take roughly 30 to 40 minutes for a family of 4. If you don't have 4 people to feed, then it will take even less time. Feel free to tweak the recipe for however many people you are feeding.
Grab your frying pan, spatula, and chef's apron, and I'll meet you in the kitchen!
Crispy Salmon, Bacon, and Avocado Sandwiches
Yields 4 servings
You will need:
- 4 salmon filets, skin on
- 8 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ciabatta buns
- 1 tomato
- grainy mustard
- 8 slices crispy bacon
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Cook the bacon; set aside.
- In a small pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle the salmon with kosher salt.
- Place the salmon skin side down in the pan.
- Cook without moving for about 3 minutes and then flip over so the skin side is up.
- Cook until crispy on the outside and just cooked through in the center, about 6 minutes total.
- Repeat with the remaining fillets.
- While the salmon is frying, lightly toast the buns.
- Slather the buns with grainy mustard.
- Once the salmon is done, place it in the bun, add tomato, avocado and bacon.
- Slice in half and serve immediately.
I'll be around again tomorrow for another delicious entry to Everyday Meals. As always, happy blogging to all, and I'll catch you on the flip side. Oh, one more note: if you'd like, feel free to check out the new button (located on the top left of the page) for subscribing to the RSS feed. This will allow you to get updates through a feed reader, such as Google Reader, without having to constantly check here if I've posted an entry! Awesome news, huh? Well, I'll see you all tomorrow! Have a great day!