Thursday, May 16, 2013

Comfort Food: Sausage and Potatoes

Hey bloggers! Today, I wanted to do something relatively simple. I've had a throbbing headache, backache, etc. all day. I just don't have the energy to muster up one of those fantastic meals that everyone raves about. Instead, I've chosen a meal of comfort. This meal always seems to help when I'm feeling bad.

In fact, my family made this meal a staple in our house. We eat it at least once or twice a month (which is saying a lot because everything is rising in price). So, grab your aprons, and I'll meet you in the kitchen for some scrumptious comfort food!



Sausage and Potatoes
Yields 4 servings



You will need:



  • 14 oz. smoked sausage, sliced
  • 2 lb. russet potatoes, cleaned & sliced 
  • 1/2 medium onion, sliced or diced 
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil or bacon fat
  • 1.5 teaspoons sage
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • dash cayenne or hot sauce


Ready?



  1. In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat , add in the sliced potatoes. 
  2. You can lay them out flat to get more crispy on each side. If you do this it will take about 10 mins to cook on each side. Or you can just throw them in the pan, stir them around, and it will give you a softer potato. 
  3. Brown the potatoes, stirring occasionally.
  4. During the last 5 minutes of cooking your potatoes, add the sausage, onion, garlic, sage, and hot sauce.
  5. Reduce heat to medium, and cook until the sausage is heated and the onions are soft.
  6. Enjoy!




Thanks for joining me, and I'll be back tomorrow with another recipe. Have a great day, and I'll catch you all on the flip side. Happy blogging to all!