I want to get things started by stating that I love, love, love taquitos. They are easy to handle, easy to make, and delicious. Not just that, but you can put virtually anything you desire in them!
If you have absolutely no idea what a taquito is, let me clear things up for you. A taquito is a dish consisting of a rolled-up tortilla, and some sort of filling, such as beef or chicken. From there, the filled tortilla is then fried and served with some sort of yummy condiment.
Okay, if you are still confused, stay tuned and you will see just how awesome this meal is!
Chipotle Beef Taquitos
Yields 20 taquitos
You will need:
- 3 cups cooked, shredded beef
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon minced chipotle in adobo
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chiles
- 1 tablespoon adobo (from the canned chipotle in adobo)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 12 ounces crumbled Cotija cheese
- 20 white corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the minced chipotle pepper, green chiles, adobo sauce, garlic powder, coriander, cumin, chili powder, lime zest and lime juice.
- Add the beef and toss to combine.
- Wrap 10 of the tortillas in a damp kitchen towel and microwave for 1 minute.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the Cotija cheese down the center of 1 tortilla, then top with 1-2 tablespoons of the beef mixture.
- Roll tightly and place on a baking sheet, seam side down.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas, then heat the remaining 10 tortillas in the damp towel.
- Repeat filling and rolling until all the tortillas are filled.
- Spray the taquitos lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a minute or two before serving.
Thanks for joining me, and I hope to see you all back here for another Cinco de Mayo inspired recipe tomorrow! Adios!