For today's meal, we are combining chicken AND jalapeno poppers to make chicken bombs. These spicy little chickens pack a whollup! I'm sure this meal will satisfy all of the barbecue enthusiasts out there. So, let's grab our basting brushes and I'll meet you out by the grill.
Yields 10 pieces
You will need:
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 jalapenos, sliced in half lengthwise and cleaned
- 20 slices bacon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Colby jack or cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Slice chicken breasts in half (like a hamburger bun).
- Place slices between wax paper and pound until each slice is 1/4-inch thick.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the two cheeses together and smear about 1 tablespoon into each jalapeno half.
- Place the jalapeno on the chicken breast, cheese-side down, and wrap it up as best you can.
- Wrap each chicken breast completely with two pieces of bacon.
- Cook on a preheated 350 degree grill over indirect heat for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Turn every 5 minutes and baste with BBQ sauce each time you turn it.
Thank you for joining me today for this delicious recipe. I hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend. I'll be back tomorrow, but until then, I wish you happy blogging! I'll catch you on the flip side!