Good morning bloggers! It's a lovely Saturday morning here in the states, and today, we are whipping up a delicious breakfast that your entire family will love! It's two of my favorite things: french toast and bananas. One word comes to mind when I think of this combination-- yum!
I loved mornings where my mother would serve my sisters and I wonderful plates of french toast. Now, you will have a recipe to share with your loved ones! So, grab your morning cup of java, and I'll meet you in the kitchen.
Banana Stuffed French Toast
Yields 6 servings
You will need:
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup butter
- confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Create a pocket about 2/3 of the way into each slice of bread by cutting along an edge.
- Fill the pockets with 2 or 3 banana slices each.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, water, milk, vanilla extract, orange liqueur and orange zest.
- Dip the bread slices in the mixture, allowing slices to become saturated.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Place a few slices at a time in the skillet, and cook, turning once, until both sides are golden brown.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Plate, and enjoy!
Thank you for joining us for this great breakfast recipe. Stay tuned for another entry to Everyday Meals tomorrow. As always, happy blogging to all, and I'll catch you on the flip side!