Honey Lavender Chicken
You will need:
- 1 whole chicken, quartered
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
Are you ready?
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and position racks towards the middle of the oven.
- Season the chicken quarters with salt and arrange in one layer onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine lavender, thyme, rosemary, honey and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl.
- Baste the chicken with the lavender honey marinade every 5 minutes for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, loosely cover with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
I hope you enjoy this earthy dish. Before you go, I would love a little feedback from everyone... What foods do you enjoy? Is there a special something that you would like shown in my blog? Leave a comment letting me know. Your dish could be featured! Please come back and join me tomorrow for more recipes. Happy blogging to all! <3