Romesco Roast Salmon Over Pumpkin and Olive Grits
You will need:
For the romesco:
- 1 tomato
- 2 cloves garlic, separated
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup unseasoned croutons
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the salmon:
- 2 salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons romesco
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup quick cooking grits
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup mixed olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- black pepper
- To make the romesco, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the tomato slices and one garlic clove on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the tomato is soft and caramelized, but not browned.
- Add the cooked tomato, garlic, almonds, bread and vinegar to a food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, continuing to process the sauce, until the oil has been incorporated and you are left with a thick sauce.
- Now onto the main meal...
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slather each salmon portion with 1 tablespoon of romesco and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast the salmon for 10 to 15 minutes, or until it is cooked to a medium level of doneness.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock to a boil in a medium saucepan set to medium-high heat.
- When the stock comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and add the grits and the pumpkin.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until a thick porridge has formed , about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the olives and season with black pepper.
- To serve, spoon half the grits onto each serving plate.
- Top with a potion of roast salmon and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
I thank you, once again for joining me this morning. I'll be back soon with more recipes for you to try. Have a splendid day and remember: happy blogging to all! <3