Rosemary and Red Wine Beef Saute
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1.25 pounds stir-fry beef
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1.5 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup red wine
- orzo (rice shaped pasta)
- Stir together the flour with 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper on a large plate.
- Toss the beef in the flour to coat.
- Heat one tablespoon oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers.
- Sauté the steak in 3 batches, adding one tablespoon for each new batch, until it's no longer pink on the outside, about 2 minutes per batch.
- Transfer batches to a clean plate.
- Meanwhile, cook the orzo according to package instructions.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet.
- Sauté the garlic and rosemary until golden, about one minute.
- Add the wine and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and boil, scraping up the brown bits, until reduced by about half.
- Return the beef with juices to the skillet and cook to warm through and coat with sauce.
- Serve over the orzo and enjoy!
I thank you for hanging with me today. I have to say, this has been one of the easiest dishes we've done in a few weeks. Come back soon for more delicious recipes and awesome ramblings! Happy blogging to all! <3