Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Easy Meals and Goofy Ramblings

Hellooooooooo bloggers! Welcome to a brand new edition of EMEF. Today, we are going to be making something so incredibly easy, it'll knock your socks off. When I first saw this dish, my initial thought was, "Oh god, I'm going to die from how extremely difficult it must be to make something so beautiful". Well, folks, I was wrong. Very wrong. This is the part where you laugh hysterically with me as my goofiness. ^_^ Anyway, I wrote a ton the other day, so today, I'm handing out 'pass' cards so you can stop reading my boring rants and go straight to the kitchen so we can cook. Meet you there!





Rosemary and Red Wine Beef Saute





You will need:






  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
  • 1.25 pounds stir-fry beef
  • 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
  • 1.5 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
  • 1 cup red wine
  • orzo (rice shaped pasta)






Ready?






  1. Stir together the flour with 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper on a large plate. 
  2. Toss the beef in the flour to coat.
  3. Heat one tablespoon oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. 
  4. Sauté the steak in 3 batches, adding one tablespoon for each new batch, until it's no longer pink on the outside, about 2 minutes per batch. 
  5. Transfer batches to a clean plate.
  6. Meanwhile, cook the orzo according to package instructions.
  7. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet. 
  8. Sauté the garlic and rosemary until golden, about one minute. 
  9. Add the wine and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and boil, scraping up the brown bits, until reduced by about half. 
  10. Return the beef with juices to the skillet and cook to warm through and coat with sauce.
  11. Serve over the orzo and enjoy!






I thank you for hanging with me today. I have to say, this has been one of the easiest dishes we've done in a few weeks. Come  back soon for more delicious recipes and awesome ramblings! Happy blogging to all! <3