Thursday, January 12, 2012

Delicious, Delicious, Delicious!

Good evening bloggers! Welcome to a nightly edition of EMEF. I'm your host, Mandie. Today was a busy day. I had to force myself to exercise. I did it though! It's day one of many to come... In the end though, it'll pay off and I'll look great when my trip to California rolls around! Please note: just because I'm having a lifestyle change does NOT mean that I'm going to stop posting the good stuff in this blog. I encourage you to live life to the fullest and eat what you want, but in moderation.  Anywho, tonight, we are going to be making stuffed shells, so hang tight and let's meet back in the kitchen!





Baked Sausage and Spinach Shells





You will need:






  • 18 jumbo pasta shells
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1 pound fresh pork sausage links, casing removed and broken up
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeeze dry
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more to sprinkle on top before baking
  • 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
  • salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese






Let's do this!






  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Make an ice bath by filling a large bowl with cold water and ice, then set aside.
  3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. 
  4. Add the pasta shells and cook according to the package directions. 
  5. Drain well then add to the ice bath until ready to stuff.
  6. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. 
  7. Add the olive oil and the garlic, then sauté briefly.  
  8. Add the pork sausage and cook 5 to 6 minutes until browned. 
  9. Add the tomatoes, spinach and sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese and cook for 1 minute.  
  10. Season with salt and pepper.
  11. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the ricotta cheese.
  12. Using a spoon, fill the pasta shells with sausage/spinach mixture and arrange in a baking dish. 
  13. Sprinkle the top with shredded mozzarella and some more grated parmesan and bake until the cheese has melted and the shells begin to crisp and brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
  14. Enjoy!






Thank you for joining me tonight. It means the world to know that you are with me during my transformation. Enjoy the good life and come back soon for more recipes! Happy blogging to all! <3