Brie and Brisket Quesadillas
You will need:
For the Brisket
- 3 pounds brisket
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 ounces Dr. Pepper
For the Mango Barbecue Sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1.5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 teaspoons Creole mustard
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
For the Quesadillas
- 8 flour tortillas
- 8 ounces brie, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Monterrey jack, shredded
- olive oil, to brush tortillas
- cilantro, for garnish
I know, it's a long list, but it's worth it in the end. I promise!
- To make the brisket: Rub the meat with salt, pepper, chili powder, and garlic.
- Place the brisket in the crock-pot and pour the Dr. Pepper over the top.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove from the crock-pot and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice it against the grain.
- To make the barbecue sauce: Heat olive oil in a 2-quart sauce pan.
- Saute the onions for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor and run until smooth.
- To assemble the quesadillas: Heat a griddle or large pan over medium-high heat.
- Lay out the tortillas.
- Divide the meat, brie, and Monterrey jack between the tortillas, placing the meat and cheese on half of the tortilla.
- Top with a spoonful or two of barbecue sauce and fold the other half over.
- Place on the heated grill, brushing the tortilla with oil to prevent sticking.
- Cook until the bottom is crisp, then flip over and heat the other side.
- Remove from heat and slice into thirds.
- Serve with extra barbecue sauce.
Thank you for joining me today. I hope you all have a wonderful afternoon. Enjoy this meal and come back soon for another wonderful recipe! Happy blogging to all! <3