Good afternoon friends and bloggers. Today we are utilizing the laziness of Sunday. Everyone knows that Sunday is the day of rest and prayer. We won't be praying or anything, but we will be enjoying a very simplistic dish. I mean, who wants to cook a heavy, huge meal on Sundays? Not me! So, let's keep this quick so we can get back to our comfy beds or sofas and enjoy the rest of our lazy day! ^_^
Cheese Tortellini with Walnut Pesto
You will need:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup lightly packed parsley, stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 pound cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a food processor, pulse the walnuts, parsley, garlic, Parmesan, salt and pepper to a coarse puree.
- While the processor is running, slowly stream in the 1/2 cup olive oil.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the tortellini until just done. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Drain the tortellini.
- In a large bowl, toss the pasta with 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water, the walnut pesto, and the butter.
- If the pasta seems dry, add more of the pasta water.
- Sprinkle with the additional Parmesan.
See, that was simple! Thank you for joining me. I will catch you tomorrow for another wonderful recipe. Have an excellent day and happy blogging to all! <3