Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pack It In and Enjoy!

Welcome everyone to a brand new EMEF! As you all can tell, last night we hit a new high, 10,000 viewers. For that, I am forever grateful. So, today, I wanted to allow all of us to kick back and enjoy ourselves. I like to enjoy myself with a little seafood, so I'm sharing my joy with you all today. We are going to be taking any fish of choice and utilizing it in our dish. Yes, I did in fact say ANY FISH of your choice. You will not be tied down with what I choose, so have fun and flirt with this recipe a bit. I know, I'm being a bit vague so let's get in the kitchen so that I can clarify what I'm talking about.





Coconut Curry Thai Fish Packets





You will need:





  • 4 fillets of white fish of choice (flounder, cod, haddock, dea bass, etc.)
  • Sea salt
  • Fresh ground pepper
  • 14 ounce can light coconut milk
  • 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 bell pepper, any color, seeded and chopped
  • 1 large head broccoli, crown chopped and stem sliced
  • 2 cups snow peas
  • 1 bunch green onions, chopped
  • 1/2 cup basil, torn
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 lime, sliced
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • red pepper flakes





Are you ready?





  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Cut four 15 inch squares of parchment paper.
  3. Lay each fillet on a piece of parchment paper and season with salt and pepper.
  4. Pour half the coconut milk over the fillets, divided evenly.
  5. Layer the red onion and red pepper flakes.
  6. Pour the remainder of the coconut milk over top, dividing evenly over the fillets.
  7. Fold the top and secure ends; you can use safety pins or cooking twine.
  8. Cook 15 to 17 minutes until the fish is opaque.
  9. Open packets and slide onto plate.
  10. Enjoy!





I thank you for joining me today! Come back tomorrow for another excellent entry. Have a great day and happy blogging to all! <3