You will need:
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup scallions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1.5 pounds choice round beef stew, cut into small chunks
- 1/3 cup light beer
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon adobo
- 1/2 teaspoon achiote
- 1 bay leaf
- salt to taste
- 10 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
- In a large dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add scallions and garlic and sauté for about 2 to 3 minutes, then add the tomatoes, cilantro and a pinch of salt.
- Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the beef to the pot along with the beer, water, cumin, adobo, achiote, bay leaf and salt.
- Cover and simmer on low heat 1.5 hours.
- Test to make sure the beef is tender, if not cook another 15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cook until soft, about 20 minutes depending on the size.
- Serve con your favorite arroz o tortillas y enjoy!
I thank you for joining me today. Enjoy your carne guisada and come back soon for more recipes. Oh, if you were wondering what my last sentence was of the recipe, it means "Serve with your favorite rice or tortillas and enjoy!" (^_^) Happy blogging to all! <3