Sausage and Mushroom Strata
You will need:
- 1/2 pound lean sausage
- 1 container crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 8 eggs
- 5 slices sourdough bread, cubed
- 1.5 cups grated cheddar cheese
Let's do this!
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- Cube the bread and add to the egg mixture ensuring that the bread gets completely covered in egg.
- Stir occasionally.
- Brown the sausage, drain and add to the egg and bread mix.
- Cook the onions until soft, then add in the mushrooms and cook down, about 5 minutes.
- When soft, add the onions to the mixture.
- Stir in the cheese and parsley reserving a small amount of each to sprinkle on the top.
- Pour mixture in a buttered casserole dish.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight if preferable.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes (baking times may vary based on oven models).
- Serve and enjoy!
Now, go eat and calm those irritable tummies. ^_^ Thank you once again for joining me. Have a blessed New Year and I will catch you on the flip side. Happy blogging to all! <3