Sunday, June 26, 2011

Who Loves Italian Food? You Do!

Good evening bloggers! I have a brand new dish ready for you all to conquer  tonight. This dish is pure Italian. It took me a very long time trying to figure out what would appeal to you all, and I'm certain that this dish is the bomb. Yes, I went there. ^_^
This is just a little side note to you all, but on Thursdays and Fridays, I may not be able to post like I have usually been doing. My laptop finally died on me today. I am working on finding a quick solution, however. If I am lucky, I *might* make Thursdays and Fridays, but I promise nothing because I don't want to let anyone down. But with that being said, let's get into the kitchen and make something wonderful!




Veal Scaloppini with Lemon Cream Sauce




You will need:



  • 8 pieces of veal scaloppini
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1.5 cups Italian bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
  • 1 cup heavy cream



Ready?



  1. Dip the veal into the beaten egg, then press into the bread crumbs.
  2. Gently shake off any excess, and set aside.
  3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
  4. Add the breaded scaloppini, and cook until golden brown on both sides, and no longer pink on the inside, about 4 minutes per side.
  5. Move them to a paper towel lined plate, and keep warm.
  6. Pour the lemon juice and white wine into a skillet.
  7. Increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil, and boil for 1 minute. Dissolve the cornstarch in about 2 tablespoons of chicken broth, and set aside.
  8. Pour the remaining chicken broth into the skillet, season with garlic pepper and lemon pepper, and bring to a boil.
  9. Once the sauce is boiling, stir in the dissolved cornstarch, and cook until thickened and clear, about 1 minute.
  10. Remove the sauce from the heat, then whisk in the heavy cream.
  11. Place the veal on a serving platter, and pour the sauce over to serve.
  12. Enjoy!

 







I hope you all enjoy this lovely night. I will do my best to be around as much as possible. I might just have to double up on recipes come Wednesday and Thursday, just for you all. I'll catch you all tomorrow! Good night.