This is just a little side note to you all, but on Thursdays and Fridays, I may not be able to post like I have usually been doing. My laptop finally died on me today. I am working on finding a quick solution, however. If I am lucky, I *might* make Thursdays and Fridays, but I promise nothing because I don't want to let anyone down. But with that being said, let's get into the kitchen and make something wonderful!
Veal Scaloppini with Lemon Cream Sauce
You will need:
- 8 pieces of veal scaloppini
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1.5 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Dip the veal into the beaten egg, then press into the bread crumbs.
- Gently shake off any excess, and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the breaded scaloppini, and cook until golden brown on both sides, and no longer pink on the inside, about 4 minutes per side.
- Move them to a paper towel lined plate, and keep warm.
- Pour the lemon juice and white wine into a skillet.
- Increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil, and boil for 1 minute. Dissolve the cornstarch in about 2 tablespoons of chicken broth, and set aside.
- Pour the remaining chicken broth into the skillet, season with garlic pepper and lemon pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Once the sauce is boiling, stir in the dissolved cornstarch, and cook until thickened and clear, about 1 minute.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, then whisk in the heavy cream.
- Place the veal on a serving platter, and pour the sauce over to serve.
I hope you all enjoy this lovely night. I will do my best to be around as much as possible. I might just have to double up on recipes come Wednesday and Thursday, just for you all. I'll catch you all tomorrow! Good night.