Chicken Legs with Beer Barbecue Sauce
You will need:
For the Chicken:
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks and/or thighs, skinned, if desired
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
For the Sauce:
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Few drops of hot pepper sauce
- FOR THE CHICKEN: Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- In a large skillet heat the oil.
- Add the chicken and cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, turning to brown evenly.
- Drain off any fat from the chicken.
- Add the onion to skillet with the chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- FOR THE SAUCE: In a small mixing bowl combine the chili sauce, beer, brown sugar, cumin, mustard, pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and turn chicken.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes more, or until the chicken is tender and no pink remains.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter to keep warm.
- Skim the excess fat off the sauce in the skillet.
- If desired, simmer sauce, uncovered, to your desired consistency.
- Pour the sauce over the meat.
I hope you all have a great evening and I will catch you on the flip side. Good night!