You will need:
- 3/4 pound whole-wheat fettuccini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans no salt added diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk or regular whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Set a large pot of water on the stove to boil, and cook the fettuccini according to the directions on the box.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, carrots, and celery and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, ground beef, and thyme and cook until the meat is browned, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and broth and cook for 5 minutes, or until sauce is thickened. Stir in the milk and cook for 1 minute more.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- When the pasta is done, drain it, put it back in the pasta pot, add the sauce and stir the sauce and pasta together.
- Put into serving bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.
Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 slices white bread
- 6 tablespoons favorite jam
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread the butter on one side of each bread slice.
- Flip the remaining slices over and spread them with the jam.
- Flip the remaining slices over and spread them with the peanut butter.
- Sandwich together the jam slices and the peanut butter slices, keeping the buttered sides of the bread facing out.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the sandwiches and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the tops.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Flip the sandwiches over and sprinkle the tops with cinnamon sugar.
- Continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Remove the sandwiches from the skillet and cut into quarters.
Voila! I hope you enjoyed our special treat for tonight. I want to send a special 'Thank You' to my darling friend as well. Have a great night everyone and I will catch you on the flip side!