Cajun Crawfish and Shrimp Etouffe
You will need:
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup fish stock
- 1 pound crawfish tails
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Gradually pour in the flour, making sure to stir constantly until the mixture turns a tan brown or darker, at least 15 or 20 minutes.
- Once the roux is browned, add the onions, garlic, celery and bell pepper to the skillet, and saute for about 5 minutes to soften.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and fish stock, then season with the seafood seasoning.
- Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season the sauce with hot pepper sauce and cayenne pepper, and add the crawfish and shrimp.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the shrimp are opaque.
I hope you all have a fun and extremely hot Summer's day. Go enjoy the food and the pool. I will try my hardest to be back tomorrow. I send my blogging love through the internet to you all! See you on the flip side.