Apricot-Glazed Cornish Hens
You will need:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 Cornish game hens
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine the salt and cayenne.
- Rub a third of the mixture inside hens.
- Brush 1 tablespoon butter over hens, then sprinkle with remaining seasoning mixture.
- Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the preserves, honey, onion, nutmeg and remaining butter.
- Cook and stir until preserves are melted, then brush it over the hens.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes longer or until golden brown and a meat thermometer reads 180 degrees.
- Cover and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
I hope you all have a wonderful night. Enjoy the cornish hen with your family, then finish off the meal with a night red wine. Or if it suits you better, a nice family-oriented movie with the kids. I'll see you all tomorrow. Happy blogging!