Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Cherry Salsa
You will need:
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/2 cup minced shallots, divided
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 pork tenderloins, about 2.5 pounds total
- 1/2 pound fresh cherries, stemmed, pitted,halved
- 1 fresh Fresno chile, red jalapeño, or Holland chile, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare a grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine 1/2 cup cilantro, 1/4 cup minced shallots, 4 tablespoons lime juice, and vegetable oil in a resealable plastic bag.
- Add the pork tenderloins and seal the bag, then turn to coat.
- Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/2 cup cilantro, 1/4 cup shallots, 2 tablespoons lime juice, cherries, chile, and olive oil in a medium bowl.
- Season the salsa lightly with salt and pepper and set aside to let flavors to meld.
- Remove the tenderloins from the marinade and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill the tenderloins, turning frequently, until a thermometer inserted into meat registers 145 degrees, or about 15 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut into thin slices and serve with salsa.
You will need:
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Purée all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the ingredients into a 9x9x2 metal baking pan.
- Freeze the mixture for 1 hour.
- Stir, mashing any frozen parts with the back of a fork after the first hour.
- Cover and freeze the mixture until firm, about 2 hours.
- Using a fork, scrape the granita vigorously to form icy flakes.
- Spoon the icy flakes into a cup or small bowl.
I hope you all enjoy the blazing afternoon. Keep cool and protected as well. Have a great afternoon and I will catch you all tomorrow!