Beef and Bean Chimichangas
You will need:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1.5 cups whole kernel corn
- 2 cups taco sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 8 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drain the excess grease, and add the onion, bell pepper, and corn.
- Cook for about 5 more minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the taco sauce, and season with chili powder, garlic salt and cumin, stirring until blended.
- Cook until heated through, then remove from heat, and set aside.
- Open the can of beans, and spread a thin layer of beans onto each of the tortillas.
- Spoon the beef mixture down the center, and then top with as much shredded cheese as you like.
- Roll up the tortillas, and place them seam-side down onto a baking sheet.
- Brush the tortillas with melted butter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
- Serve with lettuce and tomato.
I hope all of you are taking precautions against this horrible heat and sun. I'm not doctor, but I recommend SPF 100... haha. I'm just kidding, but seriously, be safe and avaoid prolonged amounts of time in the sun. Have a great evening and happy eating! I'll see you all tomorrow!